The Communication Skills for ODFL (CS4ODFL) online course is a four-week course that will help teachers to improve their communication skills in Open, Distance and Flexible Learning (ODFL) contexts. The course is particularly suitable for teachers in the Pacific Region but will be beneficial to any developing country context. Participants will spend approximately 3 – 5 hours of effort per week to earn the digital badges and certificate of completion. Successful completion of the course will enable participants to:
- Develop an understanding of the role of inclusive and equitable communication practices, teaching presence, and course netiquette for successful ODFL delivery.
- Learn about the uses of technology and media for efficient and accessible communication in an ODFL environment.
- Review and discuss key pedagogical considerations when designing course structure, learning activities, feedback, and communication strategies.
- Recognise the attributes of an effective online facilitator.
- Gain hands-on experience in weaving online discussions and interactions including strategies for conflict-management in the ODFL space.